Monday, May 23, 2011

Empanadas!

Imagine the proverbial Mother's Day breakfast in bed, where your little ones carefully prepare you a delicious sunrise feast and serve it to you. Now imagine that you are a mission mom, with 200 children, and what do you get? Thankfully, NOT all of them in your bedroom bright and early on Sunday morning! But the next best thing is that the East Zone shows up at your house on Monday, their P-Day and cooks you empanadas. What?!?!? You've never had an empanada?!?! You are missing out! I hadn't had one either, but they are a delicious sort of Venezuelan scone, with a touch of brown sugar and cheese, and they are amazing! Made from scratch in my very own kitchen with tender loving care by my missionary kids. Life doesn't get any better than that! Thank you so much, all of you. I am the luckiest mom around!







If you want to see more pictures of the East Zone Cooking Empanadas, click here:
2011.05.09 East Zone Cooks Empanadas

3 comments:

  1. Sister Winn, I am the future Elder e Olivera, from Brazil, and I always see your blog! You do a great job and it makes me more excited to be there with you! I know that Salt Lake City mission is the best, and I'm not even there yet!

    With love,
    Pedro H. O. Oliveira

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful children you have in your mission! It sounds like a great way to celebrate mother's day. And you've made my mouth water...empanadas sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama Winn! I know Elder Hoffmann! He's my best friend's cousin. We've hung out so many times growing up! Say hi to him for me! Also, empanadas? You have the greatest missionaries! Those are so yummy!

    Hope you're doing great!

    P.S. I found your blog through Kristi's. Love it!

    ReplyDelete