Monday, September 5, 2011

24th of July: Pioneer Day

It turns out that the 24th of July is a pretty big deal here in Utah. It is the day that we celebrate the first pioneers coming into the Salt Lake Valley after a very long trek across the United States. There is a huge parade downtown, and everyone takes the day off to gather with family and return thanks to our Father for the heritage that is ours. This year was no exception!


Since the 24th of July was on a Sunday this year, the parade was held on Monday, July 25th. The missionaries from the Utah Salt Lake City Mission were downtown at the parade too, right in the thick of things. President Winn and I had a great time walking along the parade route and chatting with the Elders and Sisters we found along the way.
















































































And by the end of the parade, everyone was just exhausted!


If you want to see more pictures of the 24th of July parade, click here:





2011.07.25: Pioneer Day Parade

4 comments:

  1. Sister Winn,
    The link for the parade does not work for me. Can you please check it? I really am hoping to see a picture of my Elder.

    Thank you so much for helping all SLC missionary moms have the opportunity to see our sons. Mine seems to be camera shy:( but I pick him out in the background sometimes! It surely brightens my day when I can catch a glimpse of him.

    Love, hugs and prayers for you, Pres Winn and all our SLC missionaries.
    Sister Bollschweiler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Winn,
    I agree with sister Bollschweiler, mine don't work too. And I have the same problem with my Elder,LOL he seems to be camera shy too: (the only diference is that I don't saw him even in the background).
    Yes thank you so much for this page.My son is very blessed to be in SLC mission.
    Love, and players for you and Pres. Winn and all missionaries.
    Sister Prieto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have finally fixed the problem! Hooray! Sometimes I feel like all of technology is against me, anyway, hopefully you can see the rest of the pictures now. I will try to capture both of your sons on camera the next time we are together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, it worked perfectly for me this time. Sadly, I did not see my son, but he told me that he had a great time at the parade and that Pres Monson waved at him and spoke to him. Thank you for all the love and support that you give to our sons and daughters.

    ReplyDelete