Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

One of the missionaries asked me how old I would be on my birthday. I told him 53. Bruce said it wasn't so, that I would be 54. I argued for several minutes that I was positive I was going to turn 53. Eventually, we added it up, and sure enough, everyone born in 1957 turns 54 this year! I don't know if I lied for the entire year last year, and just told everyone I was 52, or thought I would just be 53 for TWO years and then go straight to 55, or what. But it turns out I am actually 54 now, just in case you were wondering. And I am liking that very much. When you are as old as I am, it's okay that you have Alzheimer's....
I had lots of people I love around to share my birthday with me. Madison and Alli came all the way from Delaware to wish me a happy day. They refrained from bringing me breakfast in bed, for which I was grateful.
David was here, and it's always a good time when David is here.
Kristi wrapped all my presents for me. Hooray for Kristi!
Ryan and Kailyn got all dressed up for the occasion. This is only a small part of the Alzheimer's: does your tie match my sweater? Happy birthday to me!

1 comment:

  1. May I add a " HAppy Birthday " to that ! :-)
    Wilhelm Kemendics

    ReplyDelete