Thursday, August 1, 2013

May 2, 2013 - Dear John,

When the new Elders arrive in the mission, I always break their hearts first thing.  I ask them how many left a girlfriend behind, who promised to write faithfully, and wait stoically for the entire two years.  When they all raise their hands, I tell them that they WILL get a Dear John.  It isn't a question of "if", it's a question of "when".  But I promise to help them get through it.  I promise that if they call me when they get their Dear John, I will take them out for ice-cream, which makes almost anything better. The call comes every time!

This time it was in the Cannon Zone.  I just took ice cream over for the entire zone, and we had a Dear John party  I won't tell which particular Elder it was who received the letter.  It doesn't really matter, because everyone gets a Dear John sooner or later!














 

No comments:

Post a Comment