Monday, January 24, 2011

New Missionaries for Christmas!

Christmas was on its way, and President Winn had only one thing on his list for Santa. "Dearest Elder Claus," the letter started. "I have tried very hard to be good all year. I have given up my beloved ESPN Sports Center and all of the BYU football games on TV. I wear a suit and tie every day. You may remember how much I LOVE wearing a suit and tie from my days at CSC. As soon as I was made the president of the company, I introduced CSC Career Wear and banished suits and ties in the workplace. Well, I still love casual dress as much as ever, but I happily wear a suit every day just because I love working with my missionaries. I'm nice to my companion, and hardly even complain that this mission hasn't changed her a bit and she is still late for EVERYTHING! So, as you can see, I have been very good this year. I would like only one thing for Christmas this year. Some new missionaries. You see, the ones who have been serving for two years, and actually know what they are doing, keep going home. I don't understand. But whatever. They keep saying something about school and dating and getting on with life. So I need some new missionaries to take their places. I don't want to be too picky, but eighteen of them would be nice. Maybe three Sisters and fifteen Elders. Give me a variety, please. Some from the east coast, some from the west coast, a handfull from the middle of the country, and how about one from Italy and one from Austria, along with a couple of visa-waiters for good measure? Thanks!" Love, President Winn

Elder Claus is such a jolly old man, he was happy to oblige! He even brought fresh snow, to add that Christmas winter wonderland atmosphere. December 15th was a delightful day of wishes come true!















Look at all these eager, smiling faces!

Breakfast for everyone.


Mug shots with the mission president.



Sister Ruiz-Diaz is only here on loan to us from the Temple Square Mission. She is from Italy. We will only get to have her for two transfers, which makes us very sad! But we already know she is a super missionary, and we're delighted to have her! She arrived a few days before the rest of the new missionaries, and began serving right away with Sister Stoner and Sister Long.

Gathering all together for an inspiring rendition of Called to Serve!

Assignments are announced! Elder Pulgar and Elder Perez are anxious to steal away their visa waiters. They grab Elder Watson and Elder Lomas and get outta town faster than lightning!

Elder Wiehl is slated to train Elder Bonaro, from Florida.

Elder Williams will be training Elder Dennison, from North Carolina, in East Salt Lake.


Elder Cote, from Alabama, will likely be learning to speak Swahili, as he will be training in the Swahili Branch with Elder Caulderwood.

Elder Doucette is anxious to meet Elder Mowatt from New York. They will be working together in East Salt Lake as well.


Elder Bollschweiler, from West Virginia, meets his new trainer, Elder Taylor.


Elder Kemendics, from Austria, is already picking up on the crazy American customs. Who better to teach them than our own certifiably crazy Elder Grace!?!? Elder Johnson meets Elder Herbert, from Pennsylvania.

Elder Heninger and Elder Hyde, from Washington.

Elder Hardwick is planning to train Elder McNees, from Michigan, about life in Wyoming.

Elder Gonzalez is unbelievably excited to meet and serve with Elder Homer, from South Dakota!




Not to be outdone, Elder Portugal enthusiastically meets Elder Moczygemba, from Texas.


Elder Reta, from Arizona, will be serving with Elder Evans.

Sister Daw, from California, will be trained by Sister Morris.

Sister Taylor will be training Sister Boyles, from Oregon.

Pretty much the best Christmas present President Winn ever got! We're delighted to have them all here!

If you want to see more pictures of Missionaries for Christmas, click here:

Missionaries for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment