Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Car Dealerships and Fire Houses

Most of my life, I just sort of tra-la-la around, not thinking of anything important. Okay, okay. Not thinking at all. Which is a great way to live, as far as I'm concerned. It makes life so pleasant. I'm happy all the time. I never get stressed. I don't worry about the great questions in life that my sons are so concerned about, such as Noah's flood: was it global or local? Seriously? Do we really care? Anyway, I have such limited space in my brain I don't want to be using it all up on unimportant things. One of the greatest advantages of keeping so little in my brain is that I crack myself up all the time. Really. I just break out into giggles, because I think of such funny things. For example, I was driving down the road and saw this business where every single parking space was taken. "Wow!" I thought. "That store must be having an amazing sale! I wonder what they are selling...."


So I looked up to see what kind of store it was. And then I laughed for about ten minutes straight. I still laugh every time I pass a car dealership. See how much fun it is to be me?


The other night, Bruce and I were driving past the fire house, and I was surprised to see that the doors were open. Then I was surprised to see that the fire trucks were not in the garage bays. Hmmm....I wondered. Where do you suppose the fire is? I was also sort of surprised to see that there were open doors on both sides of the garage bays in the fire house, and that all of the doors were open. How interesting, I thought. Do you suppose that the fire houses are like this in Delaware and I just never noticed? Or maybe that's just the way they are in Utah. More convenient, certainly, for pulling the trucks in and out. And then I laughed for about ten minutes straight. I still laugh every time I pass a car wash. See how much fun it is to be me?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, we are way too much alike! Even the husband and kids are agreeing on this one! It's great to know I'm in such good company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Nancy, your stories are the best! I always break out into giggles when I get to read them. :) I bet it is a lot of fun to be you! Thanks for sharing and making my day.

    ReplyDelete