Then we hunted through the snow and bushes for 20 minutes to find the arrow.
But then, if you will notice the silver sedan in the background, President Monson, who lives across the street from us, pulled up. I stood there on a Sunday afternoon, in my jeans and T-shirt, with a bow and arrow, wondering if archery was a Sabbath appropriate activity for a mission president's wife. I went with the odds, and decided it might not be, so I went inside. I still can't believe that I haven't been sent home from my mission early. Yet.
The former missionaries stayed outside, shooting. President Monson called out to them, "Sisters! Where are your coats?" We all laughed, because President Monson knows that this is the mission home, and probably assumed that these girls were sister missionaries. If they were indeed, then a list of the things they were doing wrong would look something like this:
1. It was Sunday afternoon, and they should have been out working.
2. There were four sisters and one lone Elder, who happened to be holding the hand of one of the sisters. Where was his companion?
3. Missionaries are not supposed to have weapons, and I think a bow and arrow is a weapon
But our sweet prophet didn't judge or chastise. He just worried aobut the sisters being cold. How could you not love him? He's even better than Robin Hood.

No comments:
Post a Comment